Sunday, May 30, 2010

Why I deleted your comment from my blog.

I wrote this as an email to a link spammer, but I figure I may as well share it here:

I could tell that your comment was just blatantly trying to use my blog for more incoming links, and to be honest I was kind of flattered, I was even going to leave it there... but then I clicked on your profile link, and found that you have no blog, so I cannot paste a link to my website in your blog. How is that fair? You can get a link from me, but I can’t get a link from you?

This is why I deleted you comment. If you do decide to set up a blog, please try and comment again, and if you let me comment on your blog with a link to my site... then I will not delete your link. This way we all win!

Warm regards
You friendly neighbourhood blogger
http://webmisterradixlecti.blogspot.com

Update : I still get tons of comment spam and have taken to comment spamming my comment spammers blogs in a futile attempt to get some good out of this. Check out this rant I found about comment spam - Warning, Contains strong language http://rantinglunatic.blog.com/2011/03/03/comment-spam-from-india/

2 comments:

  1. Seo consultants are there for the local search optimization. When the customers are looking for their required products or services in their territory or region, the local optimization is done through specified keywords according to the geographical map. Our search engine optimized services will help you optimize your business for such local business listing searchers. It is much more beneficial and convenient to have business once you know your contiguous business geographically.
    Seo Consultant

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ SEO Consultant : At least try to make your comment seem like it's related to my post, and written by a human, not a bot!!!

    seo2.0.onreact.com/why-people-hate-ads-and-love-seo

    ReplyDelete