Friday, June 18, 2010

LinkedIn are killing the link love

I have just noticed that the websites links in LinkedIn are no longer direct, but rather redirected thought an internal redirect page, thus killing the “link love” that we may have been getting from LinkedIn. I checked on Google Webmaster Tools and the incoming link from LinkedIn is no longer there.

I have written a polite message to LinkedIn stating that I think this is a bad idea considering how much  SEO community has promoted their service. I encourage all of you to do the same, and let them know that a large portion of their user base is not happy.

Update
I tried to contact LinkedIn using the "Help improve LinkedIn" link at the bottom of the page, but the "send your feedback" button is not working in Mozilla or IE!

No comments:

Post a Comment